- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Whisk 2 tablespoons of lime juice with 1 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro (or some fresh cilantro) and a pinch of salt to make the marinade. Pour the marinade over the salmon and let sit while preparing the rice.
- Chop about 1/2 pound of kale, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, and dice 3-4 green onions.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the kale, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and a pinch or two of kosher salt. Cook for about a minute until wilting.
- Add the cooked brown rice, cilantro, green onions and remaining tablespoon of lime juice and another pinch of salt. Combine everything well allowing the flavors to merge.
- Heat a second skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the salmon 2-3 minutes a side depending on thickness. (For thick salmon it may take more like 5-6 minutes per side) After the first flip pour any leftover marinade over the fillets.
- Serve the salmon over the rice with Normandy Blend Vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie