- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 1/2 pound winter squash
- 2 medium apple
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place whole squash on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until the skin is papery and a fork inserted into 2 or 3 different spots reveals very tender flesh. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare brown rice as directed on package.
- While squash is cooling, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees for the fish.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, brush sauce over the fish. Turn the oven to broil and continue cooking until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- When squash is cool enough to touch, peel away the skin, discard the seeds, and cut into cubes.
- Serve salmon with squash, rice and apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie