- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 medium lime
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup pieces mango
- Mix together 1/2 teaspoon salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, and black pepper. Rub the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the seasoning mix, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, or the oven to 400° F.
- Dice the bell pepper, avocado, and onion. Place in a large bowl, along with the chopped cilantro, juice of both limes, remaining olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness, or bake 15-20 minutes until flaky.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
- Serve salmon with the avocado salsa, rice and fruit.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie