- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 cup kale
- 15 ounce cannellini (white kidney) beans, canned
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high. Add salmon and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes longer. Flip over and cook to desired doneness, or 1 to 2 minutes longer. (The fish should flake if pulled back with a fork).
- Whisk together vinegar, turmeric, mustard, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add kale, drained and rinsed beans and walnuts; toss. Set aside. (This is even better when left to rest. It allows the kale to slightly soften).
- If needed, toss rice back into skillet to reheat.
- Serve salmon with rice and salad.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 960mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g