- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg white
- 5 tablespoon Capers, canned drained
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake salmon at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let cool and then finely chop salmon fillet.
- Finely chop onion and red bell pepper. Heat oil in a saute pan and cook onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- Combine salmon, egg whites, capers, breadcrumbs, mustard, lemon juice, onion and red pepper mixture, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Shape into eight 3-inch-round patties. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook salmon cakes until bottom is golden, about 6 minutes; flip and cook until golden, 5 minutes more.
- Toss greens with your favorite dressing; divide salad among 4 plates. Top each with 2 salmon cakes (or if preferred you can serve them on the side).
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 626mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g