- 8 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake salmon at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let cool and then finely chop salmon fillet.
- Finely chop onion and red bell pepper. Heat oil in a saute pan and cook onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- Combine salmon, egg whites, capers, breadcrumbs, mustard, lemon juice, onion and red pepper mixture, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Shape into eight 3-inch-round patties. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook salmon cakes until bottom is golden, about 6 minutes; flip and cook until golden, 5 minutes more.
- Toss greens with your favorite dressing; divide salad among 4 plates. Top each with 2 salmon cakes (or if preferred you can serve them on the side).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie