- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook beef in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain fat and set aside.
- Have the kiddos spread marinara onto each pita and layer with spinach.
- Grate carrot and squash, and dice bell pepper. Encourage the kids to add some of each veggie to their pizzas.
- Top each pizza with cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with blueberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie