- 6 pound whole turkey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon rosemary, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium onion
- Thaw turkey if frozen; remove neck and giblets, rinse, and pat dry. Let turkey sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F, moving rack to the lower-third section.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and zest from the lemons (about 3 tablespoons). Bring to a simmer over medium-high and cook about 1 minute until garlic is soft and lemon is slightly shriveled. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Tuck wing tips underneath body of the turkey. Season inside of turkey with 1/2 the salt and pepper. Tie legs together with kitchen twine. Brush 1/2 the rosemary-lemon oil all over the turkey and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Cut onions into wedges and place in a heavy-bottomed roasting pan. Set a roasting rack over onions and place turkey on top; roast 45-60 minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to 375° F, add 1 cup water to the pan, and continue to roast 1.5-2 hours, brushing turkey with remaining oil mixture every 30 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of a thigh reads 165° F. (Add more water as necessary if pan becomes too dry.)
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 465mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g