- 12 ounce turkey sausage
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium pear
- Remove casing from sausage if there is any. Chop onion and mushrooms; mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to hot oil and cook for 1 minute. Add sausage; cook 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Add mushrooms and rice to skillet. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes, allowing rice to lightly brown.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in peas and carrots; season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow peas and carrots to heat through.
- Top with grated Parmesan, and serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 773mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g