- 12 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounce roasted red peppers, jarred
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup honeydew
- Prepare linguini as directed on package for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the beef, Italian seasoning, egg and panko. Shape into meatballs approximately 1 inch in diameter. In a large skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil over medium. Add meatballs and cook 9-10 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, flipping to cook on all sides. (Covering the skillet will decrease cook time.)
- Mince garlic and dice onion; set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in another skillet over medium. Add onion and garlic to skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Stir in milk, cream and Parmesan and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Add red peppers to onion mixture and puree with an immersion blender. (No immersion blender? Allow mixture to cool and add to a blender or food processor. Puree and return to skillet.) Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve pasta topped with meatballs, and honeydew on the side.
Calories: 1559kcal | Carbohydrates: 230g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 529mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 18g