- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium apple
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves. Grate zucchini and Parmesan.
- Place the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the garlic and saute about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook on high heat until all the water evaporates from the skillet, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place in a colander to get rid of any excess water, then to a large bowl along with the bread crumbs, beaten egg, Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Stir well to combine.
- Form the zucchini mixture into 12 balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Spray the zucchini “meatballs” with cooking spray and bake until firm and browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Add the sauce to a large deep skillet and heat over medium for 4-5 minutes. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve quinoa topped with sauce and “meatballs” with sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1380mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 19g