- 8 oz pasta, shapes
- 4 serving 2 oz turkey sausage
- 1 pepper bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 pepper, large (3-3/4″ long, 3″ dia) bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium (4-1/2″ long) pepper, banana
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/4 cup, whipped Cream, fluid, light whipping
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 3 cup pineapple
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Cover and set aside
- In a medium sized skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray, add sausage. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain and set aside, covered.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add tomatoes, whipping cream and cheese. Reduce heat and allow to melt.
- Stir in pasta and sausage, heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with greens, pineapple, and extra shredded cheese.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g