- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water and adding parsley once it boils. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, celery, and tomatoes. Drain and rinse beans. Zest and juice lemon.
- Place the cooled quinoa into a large bowl. Gently stir in onion, celery, tomatoes, black beans, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, cranberries, oil, and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 551mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 22g