- 1/2 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 16 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1 medium lime
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. (Too cold this time of year? Simply preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and continue with recipe as directed).
- Seed and mince hot pepper if using; mince garlic and ginger.
- Combine all ingredients from oil to allspice in a small mixing bowl; further blend with an emersion blender or place ingredients into a blender.
- Being sure that shrimp is peeled and deveined, place them into a glass bowl and pour over the blended ingredients. Allow to marinate for a few hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions and steam broccoli, approximately 20 minutes before serving shrimp.
- Skewer shrimp in an alternating fashion with pineapple chunks; place onto hot grill and grill each side approximately 2 minutes; until pink. (Bake in oven for 8 minutes).
- Serve shrimp skewers over rice with a side of steamed broccoli.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 762mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g