- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/8 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Cook pasta as directed on package. While pasta cooks, add broccoli to a large pot of boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes. Place a large bowl of ice water beside the boiling broccoli. Once the broccoli has turned bright green, toss it into the bowl to stop any further cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add flour to hot oil; cook while whisking for 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk, constantly whisking until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup cheese; stir together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the yogurt until smooth once again.
- Add pasta, 1/4 cup of cheese, and broccoli; mix together. Pour into an 8×8 inch baking dish, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top is golden and cheese has melted.
- Serve with oranges on the side.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 625mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g