- 4 cup, sliced squash, summer
- 1/2 cup, chopped onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 cup, shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup butter, salted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dash black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp butter, salted
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well, and place in a large bowl.In a medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the crumb mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumb mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 581mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g