Yesterday it practically felt like summer, and this morning we woke up to a pile of snow! Of course being the slave driver I am, I sent my kids out at the crack of dawn to start shoveling. I hope we never buy a snow blower. (at least until the kids are grown, then we can buy one 🙂 )
Once inside, they were ready for some hot cocoa! Here is our healthy version:
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 TBL Agave syrup (or honey) (if your kids are used to Nesquik or other sweeter cocoas, you may want to use 2 TBL
- 2 TBL cocoa powder (the 100% cocoa powder)
- Mix together over the stove, or in the microwave until warm and dissolved.
- Although it contains a little saturated fat, research is showing it may not block LDL receptors the way saturated fat from animal sources do!!
- Cocoa contains phytochemicals that can help your heart, skin, vision, etc.
So, go enjoy the last few days of winter (crossing my fingers) and relax with your kids and some cocoa!
P.S. One of my first posts was about how TJ was completely addicted to Nesquik! He truly drank it every day!