Chickpea and Butternut Squash SaladPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 lb butternut squash
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala spice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium orange
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the butternut squash, chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garam masala, curry powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until butternut squash is soft and chickpeas are crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa as directed on package. Once finished cooking, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Add the roasted butternut squash and chickpeas to the quinoa, along with the arugula, dried cranberries, juice of the lemon, juice of the orange, and remaining olive oil.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper, and toss to combine.