- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium banana
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg white
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside. Dice 1 cup strawberries, and slice 1 extra strawberry for the top.
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl mash the bananas, add the Greek yogurt, egg, egg whites, melted butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with strawberry slices and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer it to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 222mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g