- 6 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounce turkey sausage
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5-6 minutes of cooking. Drain well and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Dice onion.
- Remove casings from the sausage; cook together with the onion until meat is no longer pink, breaking the meat up with a spatula as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Mince garlic and add to the skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Meanwhile, zest 2 teaspoons of the lemon peel.
- Add sausage mixture, lemon peel, and black pepper to the cooked pasta; toss until well blended.
- Add the cheese and toss once more, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired; serve grapes on the side.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 407mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g