- 2 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cup blackberries
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Combine the blackberries and syrup in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat while smashing blackberries.
- Once warm, blackberries will be soupy. Continue to stir until desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and top pancakes with it.
- Whisk together wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk then eggs and oil. Whisk together. Add more milk if necessary to be thin enough for flat pancakes.
- Heat a cast-iron or nonstick griddle or heavy frying pan over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when splashed on the pan.
- Drop about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the hot griddle.
- When bubbles form around the edges of the batter, gently lift and flip the pancakes with a spatula.
- Cook on the other side until the pancakes are golden brown around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with a spoonful of Blackberry Crush. Serve hot and fresh.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 169mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g