- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 medium orange
- 2/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium apricot
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place cupcake liners into a muffin pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter, then allow to cool slightly. Zest one orange and finely chop apricots; set aside.
- Whisk together flours, sugar, 1 ¼ teaspoon orange zest, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in apricots, then spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack; cool completely before serving.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g