- 3 pound chicken, whole
- 3 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 8 medium potato, red
- 1 1/4 cup green beans
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. (Prefer to use the grill? Even better!) Prep chicken by placing into a large enough roasting pan. Rub a tablespoon of olive oil & Italian seasoning over each piece of chicken and place into a large roasting pan Roast for 15-20 minutes, then turn heat down to 375 degrees and continue roasting for approximately 50-60 minutes longer. Juices will run clear and meat thermometer will read 165. Once done roasting, chicken will need to rest for 20 minutes so this is perfect time for you to prepare your side.
- To prepare potatoes, pierce with a fork and rub with oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake with the chicken for 50-55 minutes.
- While chicken and potatoes and baking, steam the green beans. Bring a 1/2 inch salted water to boil in a large frying pan or saute pan. Add green beans, cover, and cook until green beans are tender to the bite and water has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes (depending on how crisp you like your cooked green beans).
- Next, rinse the strawberries and blueberries. Cut the tops off the strawberries. Place strawberries and blueberries together in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken with potatoes, green beans, and fruit.
Calories: 778kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 70g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 305mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g