- 2 cup penne pasta, dry
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped basil, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 4 ounce cream cheese, low fat
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium orange
- Add uncooked pasta, water, and broth to a large stockpot. Slice onion and add to pot along with basil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on medium-high, bringing to a boil. Remove cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until liquid has completely absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add beef to cooked pasta. Stir in cream cheese, 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, zest of lemon, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 780mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g