- 4 slice cooked bacon
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 head medium (5-6″ dia.) cauliflower
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy; drain off any fat, crumble, and set aside.
- Mince garlic, dice onion, peel and dice carrots, and dice celery; set all aside.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add veggies and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Chop cauliflower into smaller pieces and add to pot along with bay leaf. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cauliflower should begin to soften.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. It will begin to brown as it cooks. Slowly stir in broth and milk and cook while stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes. Liquid will begin to thicken.
- Increase heat to allow liquid to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve grapes on the side.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 728mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g