- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 medium bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 15 ounce cannellini (white kidney) beans, canned
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium banana
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Place a large stock pot over medium heat and add oil. Mince garlic and dice onion.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic and onion; cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent. Add thyme and basil; stir and cook for another minute.
- Add broth, bay leaves and water; bring to a boil and then add orzo. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until orzo has softened.
- Drain and rinse beans, then add to the pot along with the spinach. Cook for 2 minutes more or until heated through. Stir in the juice from the lemon, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve soup warm with fruit and rolls on the side.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1007mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 16g