- 1 medium onion
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 medium celery root
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 6 cup water
- 4 cup, chopped kale
- 15 ounce white beans, canned
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slice bread, french
- 4 medium peach
- Chop onion. Slice garlic (this makes the garlic milder in taste). Peel off rough edges of celery root and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Peel carrots and parsnips; cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over low. Cook onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the root veggies and undrained tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Chop parsley and add to pot along with rosemary, sage and thyme (If using fresh herbs, wrap them up together with kitchen twine or floss and remove before serving).
- Add 6-8 cups of water, enough to completely cover the veggies. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, chop kale, drain and rinse beans, and slice peaches. Add kale and beans to soup and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each bowl of soup with freshly grated Parmesan. Serve with bread and peach slices on the side.
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 1074mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 27g