- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon yeast, active dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- Turn on your tap water until you have very warm water. Add 1 cup very warm water to your stand up mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Let the yeast sit for about five minutes or until it gets bubbly.
- Mix in sugar then eggs, oil, milk, and salt.
- Put in your wheat flour then one cup of white. Add the other cup of white if the dough is still sticky. (If you prefer a whiter roll, you could do 2-4 cups wheat instead and the rest white flour. You can also add an optional 1/4 cup flax seeds at this point.)
- Dough should stick to your hand but not pull away like bubble gum.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for about an hour or until double in size.
- Shape into desired form. about 24 rosettes or balls on cookie sheets or 3 loaves of bread. If doing bread, spray the bread pans before putting dough back in.
- Let rise in a warm place again. Begin to preheat the oven 375 degrees after the dough has been sitting for about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls about 15 minutes and bread 20-25 or until golden brown.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g