- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 10 ounce broccoli, frozen
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slice bread, Italian
- 4 medium kiwi
- Chop onion. Heat oil in a large pot and then add onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in thyme, garlic powder, and pepper; then, add broccoli and vegetable stock. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss cheese with corn starch until evenly coated; set aside.
- Reduce heat to low. At this point, if you like a really creamy consistency, you may mash the soup to break down the broccoli. This can be done with a potato masher or a handheld immersion blender.
- Stir in milk and cheese and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese has melted and soup has thickened.
- Serve soup hot with Italian bread and kiwi slices on the side.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1091mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g