- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup Oat bran, raw
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg white
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup, halves Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites, buttermilk, applesauce, almond and vanilla extracts, honey (reduce amount for lower sugar content), and oil. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined; avoid over-mixing. Chop the dried apricots. Fold into the batter along with the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan to approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 225mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g