- 1 cup RICE, BROWN, LONG-GRAIN, RAW
- 2 cup black beans, canned
- 1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ – 8″ long) celery
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) tomato, red
- 12 spear tip (2″ long or less) ASPARAGUS
- 1 tsp, ground OREGANO, DRIED
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp, ground BASIL, DRIED, GROUND
- 1 fruit (2-1/8″ dia) lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 4 medium (3″ dia) apple
- Cook rice according package directions –Make 2 cups of rice instead of 1 if you are using it for lunch later this week! Drain and rinse beans and chickpeas; set aside.
- Chop celery, carrots and tomato.
- Bend asparagus in half and discard the woody ends. Steam asparagus tips until they are just tender with a small amount of water for about 5 minutes in the microwave on high, yet still crisp.
- Stir together all ingredients with the spices, spritz with juice from a lemon, sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with apple slices on the side.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 948mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 24g