Veggie “Fried” Rice with Shrimp
This colorful, low-sodium recipe is packed with veggies and serves as a healthy alternative to traditional fried rice.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cup, frozen mixed berries, frozen
- 1/2 cup yogurt, vanilla, low-fat
- Finely chop pepper, onion, and carrots.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Place the chopped pepper, onions, carrots, and garlic in the pan, cook for approximately 5 minutes to begin soften the veggies.
- Add rice, and sauté for 1-2 minutes, then make a spot in the center of the rice mixture. Whisk eggs in a small bowl, then pour into the center of the rice. Allow to cook while stirring to keep cooked egg scrambled. Once the egg appears to be no longer runny, mix into the rice and veggie mixture.
- Add sesame oil, and soy sauce, allow to cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Add snow peas, cover, and simmer on lowest temperature for 2-3 minutes longer, remove from heat.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Cook until shrimp is pink and hot. Add to the rice and veggie mixture.
- Serve with frozen berries topped with yogurt.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 306mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g