- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg white
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium mango
- Cook rice as directed on package. (If possible, do this a day in advance.)
- Meanwhile, whisk egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Dice onion and bell pepper, mince the garlic, slice green onion and grate the ginger; set all aside separately.
- Spray wok with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add eggs, salt and pepper. Cook and stir to scramble; remove from wok and set aside. Add onion, pepper and frozen veggies to hot wok. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce; cook for 2 minutes. Add green onion and ginger; cook 1-2 minutes more. Add eggs and rice; toss to combine.
- Top fried rice with sliced avocado and serve with mango on the side.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 488mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g