- 4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 16 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 6 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cup grapes, green
- Whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt. Add olive oil and warm water; stir well. Once it comes together and becomes sticky, use hands to knead. Coat a large bowl with non-stick cooking spray; place dough in bowl, turn to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in size, about 1½ to 2 hours.
- While the dough rises, combine the ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut broccoli and dice bell pepper. Heat a skillet over medium and add sausage. Cook until no longer pink, then add veggies. Cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing veggies to soften. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Turn the risen dough out onto unfloured work surface. Divide the dough into six equal pieces and gently shape each piece of dough into a ball. Transfer the balls of dough to the baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let the dough rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll each ball out into a 9 inch circle. Add an even amount of cheese mixture onto half of the circle, leaving a border. Add veggies and sausage. Fold over and gently press around the edges, sealing in the toppings. Cut a small slit into each calzone to allow for steam to release. Brush each with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Heat sauce for dipping and serve with grapes.
Calories: 596kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1183mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g