- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 10 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package and then set aside.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium; cook ground turkey in skillet until browned and no longer pink.
- Chop onions and peppers and add to skillet with turkey, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, taco seasoning, and pinto beans. Stir to combine and, using a potato masher or the back of a spoon, mash some of the beans so the mixture becomes a bit thicker.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the mixture into the center of each tortilla, then roll tortilla like a burrito.
- Spray a clean skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Place entire burrito on skillet, seam side down.
- Cook burrito on the seam until it seals. Flip and cook the other side to until slightly browned.
- Cool burritos slightly and then wrap in wax paper, brown paper, or foil.
- Grab an apple, and bring dinner with you when you are on the go!
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 416mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g