- 10 ounce broccoli, frozen
- 10 ounces cauliflower, frozen
- 4 cup penne pasta, dry
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 3/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 cup, sliced strawberries
- Allow broccoli and cauliflower to thaw while preparing other ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to package for al dente; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan; remove from heat and mix in bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Chop onion. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and remaining Italian seasoning; whisk together and add milk. Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring occasionally so as not to burn.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and cream cheese; continue to heat until cheeses are melted. Add thawed broccoli, cauliflower, and cooked penne; stir to combine. Pour into a large baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with chilled strawberries on the side.
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 735mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g