- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium pear
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- Mince or press each garlic clove and set aside separately–you will need each clove at a different time. Chop onion and zucchini; halve or quarter tomatoes.
- Add rice and 1 clove garlic to the hot oil and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes; remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, chopped cilantro, and juice from the lemon in a small bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion to hot skillet and sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining garlic clove to the skillet and sauté 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini and sauté 2 more minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add in salt and tomatoes, then sauté 30 seconds more until tomatoes are heated through.
- Remove vegetable mixture from pan, then wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat again over medium.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide sour cream mixture evenly among tortillas, spreading into a thin layer and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, about 1/4 cup rice mixture, and about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture; roll up tightly.
- Add 2 burritos to the pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute per side or until browned. Repeat with remaining burritos.
- Garnish with additional cilantro leaves if desired. and serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 567mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 23g