This rich and gently-seasoned brown rice bowl can be topped with just about any kind of bean, veggie, or tender cooked meat.
Tasty Turmeric Rice Bowl
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cup good chicken or veggie broth (can use water + bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 medium pear
- Add rice, broth, turmeric, and butter to a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all the water has absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, drain and rinse beans. Slice avocado. Prep any other toppings you like.
- Add rice to bowls and add toppings. Serve with sliced pears.