- 1 medium onion
- 1 none cooking spray
- 3 cup (1 serving) Morningstar “beef” crumbles (vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 cup kidney beans, canned
- 5 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 package (8.5 oz) cornbread (corn muffin), dry mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup colby cheese
- 2 tablespoon diced green chilies, canned
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 stalk green onion
- Chop onion.
- Spray 8-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Add onion; cook over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- In the crockpot mix vegetarian burger crumbles, onions, beans and enchilada sauce.
- Stir in cheese and chilies. Spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of corn bread comes out clean. Serve tamale pie with sour cream and green onions.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 3083mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 30g