- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cup watercress, raw
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium pear
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized, nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Crush garlic and add to skillet; cook for one minute.
- Halve tomatoes and add to skillet with garlic; cook 1 more minute more, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in lemon juice. Coarsely chop watercress.
- Add drained pasta, reserved liquid, and watercress to the skillet; stir until everything is well coated.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan, and serve sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 310mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 21g