- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 medium bay leaf
- 1 large egg
- 15 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cup pineapple
- Chop broccoli, zucchini, onion, and bell pepper; mince garlic.
- In a large saucepan, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, basil (or oregano if you prefer), bay leaves, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaves.
- While sauce is cooking, stir together egg, ricotta (or cottage) cheese, Parmesan, and black pepper. Fold in broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 8X8 baking dish.
- Layer half of the uncooked noodles, half of the broccoli mixture, and half of the remaining sauce in the pan. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over top, then bake 5 minutes more, uncovered, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chopped pineapple on the side.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 518mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g