- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 3 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- Dice pepper and onion. Mince garlic. Saute vegetables in hot oil over medium-high heat on the stove in a large soup pot.
- Add the spices to your pan to “open” them up with the heat for about a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes or dump in the crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until you are ready to eat. I use a crockpot and usually start my bread right after I put everything in to simmer.
- I also double the recipe and then have it on baked potatoes the next night or for lunch during the day. It is so healthy and hearty.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1647mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 14g