- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 4 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Slice carrots approximately 1/2 inch thick and add to a large baking dish with chickpeas. Chop broccoli and summer squash into bite-sized pieces and add to carrots. Toss with olive oil, salt and thyme. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and drizzle with maple syrup and the zest and juice of 1 orange. Toss to coat evenly and bake for another 15 minutes or until veggies are at desired tenderness.
- Divide rice and veggies among 4 bowls and top with sesame seeds and soy sauce.
- Peel remaining oranges, split into wedges, and serve on the side.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1151mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 9g