- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 4 stalk green onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounce manicotti pasta, dry
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a rectangular baking dish 11×7 inches with cooking spray.
- Shred carrot and zucchini (1/2 cup each). Slice mushrooms and green onions. Mince garlic.
- Cook and drain 8 manicotti shells as directed on package (omit salt).
- Pour 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce into baking dish. While manicotti is cooking, heat oil 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
- Fill manicotti shells with vegetable mixture; place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g