- 1/2 pound bread dough, frozen, whole wheat
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 slice turkey breast, deli style
- Defrost bread dough according to the package instructions. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- After the dough has risen sufficiently, take small balls of dough (about 1 tablespoon at a time), roll it in your hands, and press it flat.
- Wrap some bread dough around each asparagus spear, rolling each between your hands until completely wrapped and sealed.
- Optional: Cut the turkey into strips and wrap them around the spears as well (or only around about half of them).
- Brush the dough with egg white, and sprinkle fresh Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bread is cooked through and golden brown.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 273mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g