- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup, chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce great northern beans, canned
- 6 small Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3 cup orzo, dry
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup cherries
- Coat bowl of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion and chopped garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Season chicken on both sides and arrange in bottom of cooker. Drizzle 1/2 the lemon over chicken and evenly spoon fire-roasted tomatoes, beans and sliced olives on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking time, stir in rinsed beans.
- Just before serving, stir in oregano (fresh is best!) and spoon over orzo or other favorite pasta.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and fresh cherries.
Calories: 924kcal | Carbohydrates: 161g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 770mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 20g