- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup, chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce great northern beans, canned
- 6 small Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3 cup orzo, dry
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup cherries
Coat bowl of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion and chopped garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Season chicken on both sides and arrange in bottom of cooker. Drizzle 1/2 the lemon over chicken and evenly spoon fire-roasted tomatoes, beans and sliced olives on top.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking time, stir in rinsed beans.
Just before serving, stir in oregano (fresh is best!) and spoon over orzo or other favorite pasta.
Serve with steamed broccoli and fresh cherries.
Calories: 924kcal | Carbohydrates: 161g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 770mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 20g