- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup salsa
- 4 medium mango
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Chop onion and add to hot skillet. Saute until tender and browned.
- Add the turkey and seasoning to the pan and continue cooking over medium-high heat until no longer pink; stir frequently to break up the turkey as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas on a dry, ungreased baking sheet without overlapping (work in batches if necessary). Bake for about 5 minutes; watch closely and remove from the oven immediately once they start to brown.
- While still hot, carefully fold tortillas into bowl-shapes and place inside bowls to cool. Do not press or force the tortillas in too deeply. After 5-10 minutes, carefully remove tortillas from bowls and set aside. Repeat with remaining tortillas if necessary.
- When the turkey is completely cooked, carefully fold the drained and rinsed beans into the meat mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes more until heated through.
- Add some shredded lettuce to each taco bowl, then add some of the turkey mixture, cheese, and salsa.
- Serve with mango cubes on the side.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1139mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g