- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, cider
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 cup blackberries
- Mix tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce into a small bowl; set aside. In a food processor combine the celery, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add veggies and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until veggies begin to soften. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and fully cooked. Stir sauce into the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until completely heated through. Season with salt.
- Serve on hamburger buns with berries on the side.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 526mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g