- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 pound turkey, ground
- 3 large egg white
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium apple
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Finely chop onion and celery. Add to a large mixing bowl with remaining ingredients, adding more or less spice to taste.
- Roll into balls approximately 2 inches round; place one into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until no longer pink in the center.
- While they bake, prepare the side carrots:
- Peel and cut carrots into matchsticks. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and thyme. Stir together.
- Add carrots and toss to coat. Pour in the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir, allowing liquid to thicken and reduce; approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve muffins with carrots and sliced apples.
Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 1001mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 24g