- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 4 tbsp chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz turkey, ground
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 5 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3 cup, chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Prepare veggies: chop carrots and pepper into 1/2in pieces, dice shallots. Using a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, pepper, shallots; continue to stir to avoid burning, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add turkey, cook until it begins to turn white and becomes brown on edges. Add Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
- Drain tomatoes and add to pot along with broth and cooked rice. Bring to a boil and add in kale, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until veggies have softened.
- Serve seasoned with parsley and parmesan cheese; grapes on the side.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 691mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g