- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 4 ounce turkey sausage
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/2 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 medium orange
- Finely dice onion and bell pepper; remove sausage from its casing; and drain and rinse beans. Add all to a large mixing bowl along with the ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, cilantro, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle seasoning, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well using hands and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet (or grill pan) over medium. Add 1-2 teaspoons of oil and allow to heat. Add burgers and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve on buns with a slice of tomato and some guacamole. Serve orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 911mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 6g